30 January 2019

Presenting IPMS/Gateway Before MOAHS

Sunday afternoon (27 January) was when the Missouri Aviation Historical Society (https://moavhist.org/) held its annual Kickoff Meeting at Creve Coeur Airport (http://crevecoeurairport.com/). (This was one week later than scheduled, due to weather issues the previous Sunday.) I arrived early for lunch there--chicken wings and corn.

I was there to speak for the Gateway Chapter of the International Plastic Modelers' Society (https://sites.google.com/view/ipmsgatewaychapter/home), on the invitation of MOAHS President Dan O'Hara. I brought some models for display, and club member Jim Triola also brought some models. These were placed on a table at the front of the hall. I also brought some flyers for the club and its Invitational contest, which I had placed on the tables. Additionally, a binder I developed--containing a copy of the club newsletter and screenshots of our website and social media pages--was placed on the MOAHS table in the room. Club member Caleb Duttlinger was also there, with his parents.




Approximately 80 people attended the meeting, with IPMS/Gateway and 15 other organizations presenting information about their organizations and how they can interact with MOAHS and each other.

I spoke for approximately 10 minutes, using talking points on the club that I had written down in the previous days. In my talk, I invited everyone present to come to one of our meetings, and for the other organizations to work with us. (For example, these groups making presentations at our meetings, and IPMS/Gateway doing a model display for these groups.) My talk was very well received, and the model display also earned some praise from attendees.

After the meeting, representatives from two of the other groups there talked with me and were interested in working with us. I mentioned this in an email to the IPMS/Gateway executive board later that day.

I was very pleased with my efforts for IPMS/Gateway that day, and hope this marks the beginning of collaborations with other historical and aerospace organizations in Metro St. Louis for our mutual benefit.

Later.

No comments: