23 June 2019

Fun Helping Out at Festa Junina

One week ago today (16 June), I was at the Kirkwood Community Center (https://www.kirkwoodparksandrec.org/home-parksrec) to volunteer at Festa Junina, a Brazilian folk festival staged by Viva Brasil STL (https://www.vivabrasilstl.org/). I showed up about 20 minutes before the event began to check in and to get started on my volunteer assignment. I was assigned to the admission table, where I helped take in money from attendees and to place wristbands on attendees, which allowed them in and out privileges all day.



This event featured Brazilian music played by a disk jockey, Brazilian food and drink, games for children, a photo booth, a silent auction, and quadrilha (a form of square dancing). We had many attendees--mostly from the Brazilian community in St. Louis, but some from outside it. Everyone seemed to have a great time.


After the show ended, I stayed around for about one hour to help clean up and put away the furniture and decorations. Organizers were most appreciative of my efforts for the show. I know I really enjoyed myself there.

Later.

No comments: