21 November 2021

Once More at SLIFF 2021

Midday yesterday (20 November), I drove to the Tivoli Theatre in the Delmar Loop neighborhood for my final volunteer shift at this year's St. Louis International Film Festival (SLIFF). I was in the lobby scanning tickets (printed and on mobile devices) of patrons attending films early that afternoon. I used an iPad equipped with a QR code scanner to scan the tickets.

During my shift, I scanned tickets for three films showing at the Tivoli's three auditoriums: Any Day Now (a Finnish feature about an Iranian boy and his family seeking asylum in Finland); Try Harder! (a documentary about San Francisco high school seniors seeking admission to their favorite colleges); and, Delicate State (a drama about a couple expecting a child in a near future US torn apart by civil war).

Late in my shift, I traded places and stood outside one of the auditoriums handing out fan ballots and festival surveys to the patrons.  I then rested at a lobby table for a few minutes until the venue captain released me from my duties with SLIFF's thanks. I thanked them for working with me and hoped to talk and work with them again soon.


After that, I walked east on Delmar to Subterranean Books, an independent bookseller. I browsed there for awhile before leaving. Then, I walked west to Blueberry Hill, where I stopped at the bar to enjoy an Incarnation beer from 4 Hands Brewing.


Then, I headed home to mow the front lawn and collect the leaves that fell onto the lawn. Made a great deal of progress on that, but much needs to be done with the back yard.

Later.

Websites of Entities Mentioned in this Post:

St. Louis International Film Festival: St. Louis International Film Festival | Cinema St Louis

Delmar Loop: Visit The Loop

Subterranean Books: Subterranean Books | Subterranean Books, One of The Great St. Louis Independent Bookstores (subbooks.com)

Blueberry Hill: Homepage - Blueberry Hill

4 Hands Brewing Co.: Home | 4 Hands Brewing Co. | St. Louis, Missouri (4handsbrewery.com)

No comments: