08 October 2023

Catching Up

You may have noticed that I have not written here much in recent weeks. I have had one thing, or another come up that has prevented me from writing posts here. Let me try to get you caught up on what has been happening with me of late.

After coming home from my vacation on 7 August, I returned to work the next day. Work has been going well in recent weeks, with plenty of business to keep me busy. I have started to look at more career-oriented positions and hope to make some progress in that area in the coming month.

After the IPMS/USA National Convention held in San Marcos, Texas in early August, I kept up with IPMS/Gateway activities and IPMS/USA Regional Coordinator duties. I attended local scale modeling contests in Grimes, Iowa; Liberty, Missouri; Leavenworth, Kansas; and West Burlington, Iowa. In September, I helped IPMS/Gateway stage its annual contest in Affton. It went very well.

In recent weeks, I attended St. Louis CITY SC matches at CITYPARK. In many of them, my girlfriend Julie went along with me. Late last month, CITY SC clinched the MLS Western Conference regular season Championship and home field advantage for the MLS Cup Playoffs through the Conference final.


Julie and I continue our great relationship. We are in daily communication with each other and meet up as often as our schedules permit. Late last month, I helped her move from her house in Florissant to her new apartment in Creve Coeur. (Donna Flamm--my friend and high school classmate--was the realtor who sold Julie's house.) 

At home, I am still helping my mother take care of the house and to help take care of Mom. She has been having difficulties getting around and needs my help at times with simple matters.

One week ago, (1 October), I was a volunteer at Festa Junina, a Brazilian folk festival presented by Viva Brasil STL at Kirkwood Park. Early on, I helped at a food booth, then was transferred to the information booth to help attendees exchange cash for tickets used for purchasing food, drinks, and games. It was a fun day with a good crowd in attendance. I was happy to help out.

That should take care of things for the moment. I will do my best to be more frequent with my posts.

Later.

Links to Websites of Entities Mentioned in this Post:

IPMS/USA: IPMS/USA Home Page | By Modelers... For Modelers (ipmsusa.org)

IPMS/Gateway: IPMS Gateway Chapter (google.com)

St. Louis CITY SC: St. Louis CITY SC (stlcitysc.com)

Donna Flamm: Gateway Real Estate - Donna Flamm - Welcome (mygatewayhomes.com)

Viva Brasil STL: Viva Brasil STL

No comments: