31 July 2024

2024 IPMS/USA National Convention (4)

After a nice night's sleep, Julie and I woke up, got dressed and packed, and checked out of Baymont Inn & Suites in Janesville. It was a good place for the two of us to spend the nights during our vacation in Wisconsin. 

After checking out, we topped off the vehicle's fuel before we headed to Wedge Inn Cafe in Janesville, where we would have breakfast with Julie's sister Dianne and Diane's husband Dennis. The four of us had a nice time chatting and enjoying a good breakfast. In my case, it was eggs, hash browns, and toast. 

After the meal, the four of us posed for a selfie before Julie and I started off to return to St. Louis. Dianne and Dennis were very happy to see the two of us and I really enjoyed their company.


The drive home went smoothly. We had a stopover in Bloomington, Illinois to stretch out and get refreshment at a Starbucks. Weather along the route was pleasant and we had no serious traffic issues.




Julie and I got into St. Louis late that afternoon. She dropped me off at home, where I unloaded my luggage and contest entries. We hugged and kissed before she drove off to her home.

Back home, I unpacked and made sense of my haul from Madison. That included the Convention t-shirt (I bought Julie one while up in Madison), other items in the convention packet, and items bought from Convention vendors and at the EAA Aviation Museum in Oshkosh the previous Thursday.
















Overall, this was a great vacation. I spent it with fellow scale modelers in a most happy place, and I spent some quality time with Julie in our first vacation. We're looking forward to more such good times together.

Later.

Websites of Entities Mentioned in this Post:

No comments: