05 August 2024

Saturday with Julie: Pedicure, Pool Time, and Streaming TV

Saturday morning (3 August), I drove to Julie's apartment. After we exchanged greetings and I said hello to Julie's roommate Joan, Julie drove me to Ballas Nails & Spa in Creve Coeur. There, we would both get a pedicure--for me, the first time getting this procedure. We got into chairs beside each other and placed our feet into the tubs before our chairs. The person assigned to me trimmed my toenails (they really needed them) and cleaned the cuticles.

Given a choice, I selected the Volcano procedure, in which volcano ash is poured into the tub to exfoliate my dead skin. The person massaged my feet and lower legs and applied a collagen mask, lotion, and booties to my feet. After approximately one hour of this procedure, my feet felt most refreshed. 

After the pedicure, Julie and I returned to her apartment, where we got into bathing suits and walked to the complex's pool. We swam for a while and sat by the pool to talk. It was fun to do, and the cool pool water felt good on such a hot day.

After the swim, we returned to the apartment. Julie, Joan, and I sat in front of the TV watching various Summer Olympics events and an episode of Doctor Who. The latter was sure interesting.

The three of us also played Yahtzee, which I haven't played in quite a few years. We got in two rounds of the game.

Julie served us snacks--popcorn during Yahtzee, cookies and ice cream later--and I had some beer (Leinenkugel's Juicy Peach, a sour, fruited beer). It was a nice relaxing day, just hanging out with Julie and Joan. 

Later, it was time for me to go home. I said my goodbyes to Julie and Joan and drove home happy after this day.

Later.

Websites of Entities Mentioned in this Post:

Ballas Nails & Spa:  Ballas Nails & Spa - The best nail salon | Manicure | Pedicure | Dip Powder | Creve Coeur St. Louis, MO 63141 (ballasnailslouis.com)

Yahtzee: Yahtzee.online | Free Yahtzee | Yatzy game online

Leinenkugel's: Home | Leinenkugel's (leinie.com)

 

No comments: