17 January 2021

Getting Out the IPMS Gateway Newsletter

Yesterday morning (16 January), I completed work editing this month's issue of The Arch Scaler News, the member newsletter of the Gateway Chapter of the International Plastic Modelers' Society (IPMS Gateway Chapter (google.com)). I usually get this out on a Thursday but delays in getting some content set it back until yesterday. Not having had a meeting last month, due to pandemic-related public gathering restrictions, and not much else in content meant this month's newsletter would be a thin one. Still, I was able to make it work.

After proofreading the copy, I took it to Office Max (Office Depot OfficeMax | Official Online Store) in Mehlville to run off three copies for those members without email access. After printing up the newsletters, and adding mailing address labels, I took the copies over to the United States Postal Service (Welcome | USPS) store at South County Center (South County Center | St. Louis MO (shopsouthcountycenter.com)). There, I bought stamps, which I affixed to the newsletters before putting them in the mail collection slot.

That afternoon, I emailed the newsletter to the rest of the membership, as well as some other parties. The latter include area hobby shops, IPMS/USA (IPMS/USA | By Modelers... For Modelers), and chapters in IPMS/USA Region 14, which includes IPMS/Gateway and for whom I serve as its Region Coordinator.


IPMS/Gateway holds its next meeting this Tuesday night at Affton Elks Lodge 2635 (Elks.org :: Lodge #2635 Home) . They will hold nominations and voting for this year's officers, the final 2020 Modeler of the Year Contest, and a presentation on pre-dreadnought battleships.

Later.

No comments: