23 January 2021

Mr. President (of IPMS/Gateway)

After work this past Tuesday (19 January), I went from work to Affton Elks Lodge 2635 (Elks.org :: Lodge #2635 Home) for this month's IPMS/Gateway (IPMS Gateway Chapter (google.com)) meeting. We had the final 2020 Modeler of the Year Contest, delayed from November, plus nominations and elections for this year's club executive board (e-board). I was one of two nominees for President, and members attending then voted. After jokes about possible voter fraud (alluding to the 2020 US Presidential election), I was announced as the winner. Outgoing President Rick Keasey (who could not run again this year due to term limits) said he would recognize the result and handed the office off to me after this night's meeting.

I previously served as club President a few years ago, but I am honored to be chosen again by my club mates to serve in this role in 2021. We continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has cut into meeting attendance and model contests around the country, but I am happy to accept the responsibilities of this office. Granted, I will also continue to serve as editor of the club's newsletter (The Arch Scaler News), run the club's public relations and social media efforts, and serve as Region 14 Coordinator for IPMS/USA (IPMS/USA | By Modelers... For Modelers). However, I feel I can handle all these jobs at once.


The meeting Tuesday night also had an interesting presentation by Jim Victor on pre-dreadnought battleships. It was a fine night and hope to see more in the months to come--with more attendees to boot!




Later.

No comments: