06 May 2009

Formally finished with census canvassing

This past Monday, I turned in my Census Bureau gear -- hand held computer, kit bag, credential, manuals and forms -- to my supervisor. This formally ended my enumerator work, although I had not worked a block since 23 April. The supervisor thanked me for my efforts, and let me know that they may be hiring people again for temporary work in August if I was interested. I said I was.
Last weekend found me on the pitch, refereeing. I worked a busy slate: four games Saturday in St. Charles (Midwest Regional League under-16 boys) and three on Sunday, with one MRL game in St. Charles and two St. Louis Youth Soccer Association u17 boys games in Fenton. Generally, they went well. Spring season ends in about a month from now. Will at least have some summer games (Latino men's league on Sundays, plus two men's amateur fourth official assignments in the coming weeks).
Did some straightening out in my office yesterday, clearing out some old papers. Look to do more such straightening out in my living spaces in the coming days.
More later.

No comments: