20 January 2011

Snow Day Today

I woke up this morning to quite a bit of snow on the ground, with more falling. I would say my parents and I got about 6 inches (15.2 cm) of snow by now, with a bit more coming down by this evening. Just over a week ago, we got a bit of snow here in St. Louis. That melted by the first half of this week, but now we have fresh snow covering the ground, including our backyard. (See the photo I took this morning.)
Despite last week's snow, I did make it to the Highlands Brewing Co. in Kirkwood last Tuesday night (11 Jan.) for the monthly Yellow Tie networking event. It was a pretty nice happy hour, enlivened by seeing an old Webster University colleague, Gina March, who I have not seen in person for nearly 20 years. She was doing well as we got caught up on things. We've been in touch online, but it was good to see Gina. I asked her to tell her husband hi for me and she said she would.
Last Friday night, I was in west St. Louis at The In Spot for Stress Free Fridays. I've been to that establishment a few times before and really like the place. Had a nice time as usual with Stress Free Fridays.
Last weekend, I made two round trips to Omni Sportsplex in St. Peters and back, in about 36 hours. This was for refereeing the Midwest Regional Futsal Championships. I worked three games Saturday night, then six more Sunday morning and afternoon. They went well, generally, and the out of town teams especially appreciated the efforts of myself and other referees in calling the games. I'm scheduled to referee this Sunday night.
Tuesday, I drove to the Delmar Loop for a lunch meeting with Darlene, one of my Stress Free Fridays friends. She asked me to help her with a few small brochures she's putting out for her organization. I agreed and will get the materials soon to get going on these. (This meeting was originally to have been on the previous Tuesday, 11 Jan., but was pushed back a week due to the snow at that time.)
Also on Tuesday, I ran the IPMS/Gateway meeting in Mehlville. This was our annual Swap and Sell and Kit Auction meeting, and we had a great turnout of people. Several members and guests brought kits and related items to sell or trade, and I auctioned off kits and related items to benefit the club's picnic and banquet later in the year. It was good fun and we raised some money. I ended up with three kits I won in the auction, all for $5, and I also donated several items that were auctioned off. I host the monthly club business meeting this coming Tuesday night.
I hope all of you are safe where you are. Take care & talk to you later.

No comments: