26 February 2015

Doing Good Amid Some Cold, Snowy Weather

It was movie night one week ago (19 Feb.) at the Missouri Aviation Historical Society's meeting at Creve Coeur Airport. Some 45 of us braved the bone-chilling temperatures outside to see the 1975 movie "The Great Waldo Pepper." That film starred Robert Redford as a barnstorming pilot in the 1920s. The cold temperatures prevented the Historic Aircraft Restoration Museum at Creve Coeur from rolling out a Standard aircraft that was used in the filming of the that movie. It was fun--I had not seen the movie in several years--and all attending enjoyed themselves.

Despite the cold, things have gone rather well at the car rental branch. Business has been good and I have been doing my part to keep the customers satisfied. Our assistant manager will be leaving our branch after tomorrow to go to another St. Louis area branch, so I wish her all the best.

The cold and snow on the ground forced cancellation of soccer games I was to officiate on Sunday afternoon (22 Feb.), but I was able to instead go to Incredible Pizza in Concord Village for the St. Louis Shyness and Social Anxiety Meetup Group. There were two others in the group there and we talked a bit while enjoying a buffet lunch at the family-friendly place. It was fine, although talking with the others was a bit awkward for me. Still, it was a nice time at a place I had not been to before.

I flexed into work late Tuesday morning (24 Feb.), since I'm working this Saturday morning. After work, I was at Del Miller's house in south St. Louis County for the IPMS/Gateway business meeting. We had a fairly brief meeting, as there was little business for us to discuss. We also spent time in Miller's basement workshop admiring his kit collection and hearing his stories.

On my off day today, I did my laundry and cleared out a bunch of emails from my computer. Back to work tomorrow--it will be chilly!

Later.

No comments: