08 May 2015

Into May 2015

Last Saturday afternoon (2 May), I did co-host the monthly online radio program Writer's Block, from ANCA Radio Shows, Autistic People and streamed through Blog Talk Radio. Host Tim Pylypiuk and I discussed fictional languages in writing on this show, such as Vulcan from "Star Trek." It is now available on archive here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/autistic-people-/2015/05/02/writers-block-10am-pstradio-drama-the-grooming-hour-11am-pst.

After that, I was at West County Center in Town and Country, Missouri to volunteer at the Greater St. Louis Book Fair. This was an annual charity used book sale, with proceeds benefitting education and literacy programs in Metro St. Louis. I worked a 3.5 hour shift as a cashier, and rang up quite a few customers. I did a bit of shopping before and after my shift, getting four books in the process. This book fair returns the same time next year. You can get more info, including donating items for next year's fair, here: http://stlouisbookfair.org/.

I relaxed on that Sunday, doing a bit of work on my model workbench with a couple of models I'm hoping to finish for IPMS/Gateway's contest on 19n May. I also went to the Kirkwood (Mo.) Community Center for the Midwest Model Vehicle Association/St. Louis (MMVA/STL) semi-annual car model contest and swap meet. IPMS/Gateway had a table there with a couple of car-related group entries we've done and some info on the IPMS/USA Region 5 Convention we're hosting on 12 September 2015. I saw a few familiar faces and admired some nice car models and items on the vendor tables. More info on MMVA/STL here: http://www.ipms-gateway.com/MMVASt.%20Louis.html.

Work continued to be busy, with quite a few customers renting from us--many still needing to get their vehicles repairs after last month's hail storm. It's all good, though.

After flexing out on Tuesday afternoon (5 May), I was home and relaxed some before going to the IPMS/St. Louis meeting at Mark Twain Hobby Center in St. Charles, Mo. I showed off my three most recent models and discussed the hobby with the other three in attendance, including a first-time attendee. We had a very nice meeting, I thought. More info on IPMS/St. Louis is found here: http://www.ipms-stlouis.com/.

On my off-day Thursday (7 May), I got my hair cut at Great Clips, got my hair colored at home, and went to Crown Vision Center for my annual eye exam. My eyes are fine, and there was no need to replace my glasses at this time. That night, I joined seven others from the South/SW STL County Social Club Meetup at Pi Pizzeria in Kirkwood for dinner. It was my first time at that restaurant and we all had a good time in each other's company there. The food was very good--I enjoyed some good deep dish and thin crust pizza and a salad. Definitely recommend Pi, which has several St. Louis area locations. More info on that on their website: http://pi-pizza.com/.

Relaxing at home now after another busy Friday at work, allowing me to write this post. I'll be working in the morning and cheering on Saint Louis FC that night. More in my next post.

Later.

No comments: