18 February 2018

Another Newsletter to Press; Passing Inspection

Monday mornings at our branch are most busy, and last Monday (12 February) was no exception. There were quite a lot of vehicles to clean up and some customers to pick up and drop off. At least the weather was nice for this time of year and everything worked out for the best.

Early this past week, I was busy putting together this month's issue of The Arch Scaler News, newsletter of IPMS/Gateway (http://www.ipms-gateway.com/). Despite a few slight glitches regarding illustrations while assembling the newsletter, it all came together by Thursday morning (15 February). I printed out the handful of newsletters to our members who only get it by US Mail, then sent the remainder via email. (For the latter, I also sent the proposed revision to the Constitution and By-Laws, which is up for vote at the meeting.)

Valentine's Day on Wednesday was just another day for me. I did wish my female friends a Happy Valentine's Day, and wished everyone a happy day, whether they had a loved one or not.

The work week went well. Friday afternoon, I spent about 90 minutes at our Ballwin branch. I was filling in for their vehicle service agent, who was ill. I cleaned a few cars and picked up a customer until one of their agents arrived to do the rest of the day. I then went back to Ellisville for the remainder of the day.

I was back on the workbench late in the week, trying to finish a model or two for this Tuesday's Out of the Box Contest at the IPMS/Gateway meeting. One of them has been more problematic and I won't get that one done in time, but the other should be ready for Tuesday night.

Thursday morning, I took my car back to Jiffy Lube (https://www.jiffylube.com/) in Concord Village to get the state emissions inspection done. This time, their system was working perfectly well and tested my Corolla, which passed. The manager there did not charge me for both the safety and emissions inspections, due to their computer glitch, which was very generous of them. I'll be able to renew the Corolla's registration later this coming week.

Yesterday, I woke up to light snow falling on the ground. It melted later that day, as it warmed up. Yes, the weather has been up and down a lot in recent days, which does not do my sinuses any favors.


I'm off to referee futsal at C4 tonight.

Later.

No comments: