21 November 2019

Once More at 2019 SLIFF

Last Saturday night (16 November), I drove to Webster University (http://www.webster.edu/) to work my third and final volunteer shift at this year's St. Louis International Film Festival (SLIFF) (https://www.cinemastlouis.org/festival-home). Winifred Moore Auditorium at Webster Hall was the venue I was at, during the showing of the documentary "Varda by Agnes," which told the story of French film director Agnes Varda. It was filmed shortly before her death earlier this year. It was fascinating look at a film legend, told by Varda through stories she told live audiences about her life and work.

We had a nice crowd that night, in which I distributed patron surveys to those who had not filled out one earlier in SLIFF, then collected them after the show. I also helped count fan ballots for this movie, which mostly got very high scores. SLIFF ended the next night with the awards ceremony. (I didn't attend; I had an early wake up call the next morning for work.)

This was my tenth year of working SLIFF, and I was very happy to have done so. I find a certain satisfaction to helping an organization devoted to movies and to the filmgoers who love them.


Later.

No comments: