31 October 2013

Good News on the Foot; Halloween Fun

After a rather routine few days of work with the car rental firm and a relaxing weekend at home, I saw the podiatrist on Tuesday morning (29 October). He confirmed with me the results of the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) done of my right foot one week before. The podiatrist said there was no bone fracture or pulled tendon as first feared, but instead I have tendonitis. He told me rest, keeping my foot in the boot as much as possible, occasional icing down of the heel, and anti-inflammatory medicine should help, and asked me to come back in two weeks. I'm glad it's not a fracture, or I'd be laid up for much longer.

That night, I did a favor for my parents and picked up our neighbors, Rick and Diane Holtz, who were returning to town from a vacation in Australia. I med them at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport after their flight arrived from Los Angeles. We got their luggage and I drove the Holtzes back home, which they greatly appreciated me doing.

I was off work today, but was invited in for their Halloween party. The branch took as its theme the 1980 movie "Caddyshack," and the office was decorated with quotes from the movie. We dressed up as characters from the film--I played a golfer, our manager was the groundskeeper Carl Spackler (Bill Murray's character), one of the management trainees came as a gopher, another was Judge Elihu Smails (Ted Knight's character), and the rest were fellow golfers. We had snacks laid out and customers could try to put a ball into a cup for a discount on a vehicle rental. It was fun.

My parents and I welcomed a few trick-or-treaters from the neighborhood tonight. We had some treats for these kids, which they (and a few parents that accompanied them) appreciated.

Later.

No comments: