20 February 2014

Chill, Then Warmer Weather

Last Friday (14 Feb.) was Valentine's Day. However, not having a Valentine close by made it hard to really be up for that part of the day. Fortunately for me, work at the car rental branch kept me busy and focused. I also worked last Saturday morning. We got a bit of freezing rain before work last Monday, so I sprinkled some rock salt over the pavement. The weather warmed up a bit that day, and has really gotten warmer as this week has progressed. High temperatures reached 60 degrees F (16 degrees C) yesterday. This was most welcome.

Right after work last Tuesday (18 February), I headed to Calvary Presbyterian Church in Mehlville for the IPMS/Gateway meeting. We had our first contest towards Modeler of the Year, the Out of the Box contest, which I helped judge. (I had no contest entries this month.) Good turnout of models in the contest (about 30), and we had two first-time visitors.

Taking care of some personal business today on my off day from work. I'm attending the Missouri Aviation Historical Society's meeting tonight, and a trivia night tomorrow. I'll let you know about these events in my next post.

Later.

No comments: