08 October 2016

Fall Not Going Away Quietly

It was warm this past week, as October got going. We had temperatures as high as 85 degrees F (29 degrees C). It looks like it will cool down this weekend. This will be most welcome.

After flexing out of work Tuesday afternoon (4 October), I came home to relax and get some stuff done. The next night, I was at St. Louis Community College at Meramec (http://www.stlcc.edu/MC/) for the next to last session of Portuguese Language: Beginning I. We had a nice session, which was the last one for our instructor from the Viva Brasil Association of St. Louis (http://www.e.vivabrasilstl.org/home), Priscila, who was leaving St. Louis to go with her husband to another city with his job. Another instructor will lead our last session this Wednesday night. I wish Priscila and her family all the best, and thank her for her instructional work.

My off day Thursday (6 October) saw me go to the Enterprise branch in Ballwin with some doughnuts for my colleagues there. They greatly appreciated my gesture. I also got some pressing personal business taken care of that day, which I am proud of having done.

It was a busy Friday at the branch, after I brought some doughnuts for my mates there. We were a bit short handed, but we got our business done and even stayed for a while after closing time to make sure all our vehicles were clean for the next day.

This morning was a good one at work--so good, in fact, that I was free to leave work 15 minutes early. We were that caught up on car prepping by that time. That was quite a change from the many cars to be cleaned two hours before.

Off to dinner tonight in Shrewsbury. More on that in my next post.

Later.

No comments: