07 September 2017

Back to Work After Labor Day 2017

Back at work Tuesday morning (5 September), it was a rather busy morning, coming off the holiday weekend. Still, we at the rental branch got our business taken care of in good order.

After work, I headed to Mark Twain Hobby Center (http://www.hobby1.com/) for this month's Mark Twain Model Club meeting. I helped plug this Saturday's IPMS/Gateway Invitational (http://www.ipms-gateway.com/invite2017.html) model contest and swap meet at the Holiday Inn St. Louis Southwest--Route 66. We also had a demo on science-fiction scratch building that was quite interesting, and they raffled off some kits and publications. I won a four year old aircraft modeling magazine.


Mom is still out in Los Angeles with Doug and his family. I saw a few pictures they took and they all seem well, especially Doug's twin boys, Luca and Matteo.

I put in another full day of work yesterday, and things went well that day as well. (I did find out that the candidate who interviewed for a vehicle service job with us decided to work elsewhere.)

Off work today, I did my laundry, mowed and watered the lawns, jogged for a half hour, and tried (with little success) to transfer some photos from my phone to my laptop. I wanted to make some space on my phone for the photos I will inevitably take at Saturday's show. I also printed off admission charge signs and attendance survey forms for Saturday.

Later.

No comments: