29 June 2011

On Towards the 4th of July


Last Thursday morning (23 June), I had a late morning meeting with a financial planner, who had contacted me on LinkedIn. He basically wanted to get to know me more and what my career direction is to be, the better for him to help me. It was a nice meeting. That night, I went to a networking happy hour in Des Peres, but that wasn't such a good event. I never could get into the flow of things and hardly talked to anyone, so I left after a short stay.

The next day, I was in downtown St. Louis to view exhibits of Marine Week St. Louis. I first went to Ballpark Village, just north of Busch Stadium, where I saw several items on display. They included a MV-22B Osprey tilt rotor aircraft, a CH-53E Super Stallion heavy transport helicopter, and an M1A1 Abrams main battle tank. I then walked to the Gateway Arch grounds, where other equipment and displays were set up. It was really interesting and I took quite a few photos there.

Saturday afternoon, I was at Chill Frozen Yogurt in Clayton for a singles ice cream social. It was my first time at this place and the first event with the St. Louis Singles Meetup Group I had been to since last March. It was a nice time and I enjoyed some good frozen yogurt and nice conversation with other participants. That night, I was at Amsterdam Tavern in south St. Louis to join other soccer fans in watching on TV the CONCACAF Gold Cup Final being played in Pasadena. (Not so nice: Mexico overcame a 2-0 deficit to defeat the USA 4-2.) It was a good fun environment.

At the monthly soccer referee clinic Monday night (27 June) at Grand Glaize Library, I was volunteered to help lead a panel discussion of game situations and the correct way of dealing with them. It was a good discussion that benefitted all of us there.

Last night, I hosted the IPMS/Gateway business meeting in our kitchen and family room. We planned next month's general meeting and discussed other club business for about and hour.

Not much today, except for mowing the front lawn. This weekend, I hope to attend one of the St. Louis Lions matches (either Saturday or Sunday), and on the 4th of July, I'm planning to march in the Webster Groves parade that morning. Should be interesting.

Later.

No comments: